- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Passing score on a written pre-employment test.
- Successful completion of a rigorous background investigation to include credit history, school records, neighborhood canvasses, and criminal/drivers records, A polygraph may be used during this investigation.
- Must pass a medical examination and drug screen conducted by a physician as directed by the City of Radford.
- Must meet any other standards set by law, (15.2- 1706, 9.1-101 Code of Virginia), or by policy of the Criminal Justice Services Board.
- Must complete pre-conditional and/or post-conditional psychological prescreening tests.
SWORN PERSONNEL (ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS)
- Minimum age of 21 at the time of academy graduation.
- Uncorrected vision of 20/40 or better in each eye, correctable to 20/20 and normal hearing.
- Passing score on the physical agility test