The purpose of the Parks and Recreation Department is to develop healthy, good citizens through constructive leisure activities. Our aim is for varied, enjoyable, year-round programs of interesting and fun-filled activities.
Program Scheduling & Rules
Radford Parks and Recreation programs will receive priority in scheduling. Therefore, it is important to contact the Radford Parks and Recreation Administrative Office for an updated weekly schedule.
- As of Monday August 16, 2021, Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18+yr) at all times (unless they are participating in a Radford Parks and Recreation program or attending a special event).
- School age children will not be allowed in the Radford Recreation Center during school hours.
- From Interstate 81, take exit 109 (the Radford University exit).
- Veer right off the exit ramp if coming from Roanoke area or left off the exit ramp is coming from Wytheville area (this is 177 North which changes into Tyler Avenue when you get to the Radford city limits).
- After getting off the interstate, go to the 3rd stoplight (about 3 miles from the interstate and it is past the Food Lion).
- Turn left at the 3rd stoplight which is Hammett Avenue. Go to the bottom of the hill and take the first right on Noblin Street. Go to the dead end stop sign and turn left on Second Avenue. You can see the Recreation Center with the green roof on the top of the hill.
- Go 100 yards and turn right at the sign that says Thomas R. Trigg Recreational Park.
- This is George Street and takes you to the building.